Kurbs's winning time of 39:02.29 was a personal best, one of six recorded by Fredonia women during the two-day meet at SUNY Cortland.
Macy Brooks with 3,264 points in the heptathlon. The sophomore was third in the javelin (82 feet, 5 inches), fourth in the shot put (31 feet, 2 1/2 inches), and fifth in the 800 meters (2:40.52) among the other women's multi-event specialists.
Elana Davis in the 10,000 meters (42:21.55).
Maddie Sohl in the triple jump (36 feet, 4 3/4 inches). She finished fifth.
Sydney Preston in the 100-meter hurdles (18.59 seconds).
Serafin wins HJ / egan 3rd with pr steeplechase
Serafin's clearance of 6 feet, 6 inches tied his personal-best in the event.
Kyle Egan finished third in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a personal-best of 10:27.24.
Fredonia's 4-by-400 relay team was third. The quartet consisted of Marcus Torres, Matthew Erman, Griffin Dombroske, and Alec Wright.
Gus Alvarez Jr. cleared 14 feet, 5 1.4 inch in the pole vault to finish fourth.
Ethan Francis also finished fourth in the 5,000 meters with a time of 16:07.65.
- Erman in the 800 meters (1:59.85);
- Brian Freebern in the 800 meters (2:08.76) and the 1,500 ,meters (4:25.22);
- Tony Gettino in the 800 meters (2:18.40) and the 1.500 meters (4:38.25);
- Sean McGee in the discus (121 feet, 6 inches);
- Michael Salvati in the 200 meters (23.11 seconds);
- Torres in the 100 meters (11.64 seconds).